Comparing the Isagenix Shake to Shakeology – The Weight Loss Protein Shake Challenge
What is Isagenix Isalean? This answer is found on their website : IsaLean® Shakes are nutritionally complete meal replacements that are packed with premium nutrition that includes a balanced ratio of high-quality protein, healthy fats and energy-boosting carbohydrates, IsaLean Shakes support weight loss and an increase in lean body mass.
What is Shakeology from BeachBody? The answer is found on their website: Shakeology®, an ultra-premium nutritional health shake, provides the widest array of nutrients from around the world in a nutrient-dense but low-calorie formula.
Both are used as meal replacement shakes- as a weight loss protein shake. A healthy diet protein shake can actually taste great, fill you up and help you lose weight. Both of these popular shakes claim they can help you do just that. You can find people who swear on both kinds of shakes, so we decided to do a review based solely on the labels. We know how confusing it can be to compare nutritional labels, so we have done it for you! Who will be the winner? Will it be Isagenix IsaLean or BeachBody Shakeology?
- IsaLean comes in two flavors, Natural Creamy Chocolate & Natural Creamy Vanilla. There are Isagenix recipes, and you can add fruit to customize them more, but you cannot get around having a very Chocolate or Vanilla taste.
- Shakeology comes in 4 flavors, Chocolate, Greenberry, Tropical Strawberry and Vegan Chocolate. There are Shakeology recipes and you can add fruit to customize them more, but you cannot get around having a very Chocolate or Greenberry or Strawberry taste.
Winner: Since Shakeology does come in 3 flavors, it wins the variety Challenge. Please note, we did not actually try the protein shakes side by side to see which actually has a more enjoyable flavor! Weight Loss Protein shake recipes can make a world of difference in the taste!
Isalean Shake Vs BeachBody Shake – The Quality Protein Challenge:
- IsaLean includes whey protein concentrate, casein concentrate and nonfat dry milk from New Zealand cows to provide 23 grams of protein. The protein in the shakes is extracted from the milk so the shakes have lower lactose levels.
- BeachBody Shakeology includes whey protein isolate, which is said to be an easily absorbable source of high-quality protein. It’s also considered ideal for building and maintaining lean muscle mass and maintaining lean muscle mass. Each serving has 15 g of whey protein isolate.
Winner: It doesn’t matter how much protein you consume, but whether your body actually absorbs and utilizes it. More is not always better. In this case, the Shakeology isolated whey protein is actually of a higher quality than Isagenix whey concentrate- meaning it is a more absorbable type of protein. The Isagenix protein is actually from an older method of extraction and whey concentrate is less absorbed than whey isolate.
Shakeology Ingredients Compared to Isalean Ingredients
- Isagenix nutrition facts says Isalean has 50-plus ingredients. These ingredients are said to give you protein, essential amino acids, digestive enzymes, and 23 vitamins and minerals for optimal health.
- Supplement Facts – Isalean nutritional information Chocolate Flavor:
- Total Calories: 231
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Total Cholesterol: 30 mg
- Total Sodium: 200 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Total Dietary Fiber: 7 g
- Total Sugars: 14 g
- Total Protein: 23g
- BeachBody Shakeology nutrition facts say has 70-plus, ultra-high-quality ingredients. These ingredients are said to give you protein, essential amino acid, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, antioxidants, phytonutrients, 23 vitamins and minerals for optimal health.
- Supplement Facts - Shakeology Nutritional Information Chocolate Flavor:
- Total Calories: 140
- Total Fat: 1 g
- Total Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Total Sodium: 100 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Total Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Total Sugars: 9 g
- Total Protein: 17 g (not sure where the extra 2 g of protein come from)
Winner: Since we are comparing the shakes for use as meal replacement shakes for weight loss, we are looking at the key factors of calories, fat sodium, carbohydrates sugar and protein. Shakeology clearly comes out as the winner as it has lower calories, fat, sodium, carbs and sugars than the Isagenix Diet- and as we established before, the quality is higher so even through the grams are lower its more likely to be absorbed and get the desired result.
Isagenix Price compared to Shakeology Cost per Meal Replacement Shake
- Isalean is $41.95 for a 14-serving supply. It retails for $44.95. That works out to be about $3.20 a meal to buy Isagenix Shake.
- BeachBody Shake is $129 for a 30-serving supply. The price is not lower if you choose to do their auto-ship program; however you do get free shipping. To buy Shakeology will cost $4.30 a shake.
Winner: Isagenix cost is less than BeachBody, therefore Isalean wins in the cost challenge! Both are more than $3 a meal, and that is before adding anything else to give them variety.
So who is the winner for this meal replacement shake challenge? Its BeachBody Shakeology . The only place it came out 2nd was on price … and we cannot say how it actually tastes!
The ultimate Challenge is to see the results! Will these shakes help you to keep lean muscle and drop fat fast? What we know is that there is only one shake that is the lowest calorie, carb, sugar, and sodium, with the highest quality protein… and its also gluten free, lactose free, isoflavone free, GMO free, diabetic friendly and delicious. That shake is proven to help you to keep muscle and drop fat – fast – with a 90 day results money back guarantee! And that one shake is not compared above!